Win the battle against allergies. Labixten is a new, non-drowsy antihistamine effective for the symptomatic treatment of allergic rhinitis and urticaria.1 Labixten offers 24 hour relief from the symptoms of hayfever, allergies and urticaria.2
Labixten can be used for the following symptoms:
Relief of hayfever3
Adults and adolescents 12 years and older.1
Take 1 tablet daily on an empty stomach, swallowed whole with water (an empty stomach means taking Labixten one hour before or two hours after intake of food or fruit juice).
Labixten benefits include:
- Once daily1
- Fast acting2
- Onset of action within 1 hour2
- Duration of action 24 hours2
- Gluten Free3
- Lactose Free3
- Sugar Free3
Available only at pharmacies in:
- Packs of 10 x 20mg
- Packs of 30 x 20mg
Labixten relieves the following symptoms:
- Itchy, watery eyes4
- Running nose4
- Itchy nose4
- Use in Pregnancy: There are no or limited amount of data from the use of bilastine in pregnant women. As a precautionary measure, it is preferable to avoid the use of Labixten during pregnancy.
- Use in Lactation: It is unknown whether bilastine is excreted in human breast milk. The excretion of bilastine in milk has not been studied in animals. A decision on whether to discontinue/abstain from LABIXTEN therapy must be made taking into account the beneﬁt of breast-feeding to the child and the beneﬁt of bilastine therapy to the mother.
- Paediatric use: Efﬁcacy and safety of bilastine in children under 12 years of age have not been established.
- Effects on ability to drive or use machines: A study performed to assess the effects of bilastine on the ability to drive,demonstrated that treatment with 20 mg did not affect the driving performance. However, patients should be informed that some people experience drowsiness, which may affect their ability to drive or operate machinery.
- Possible side effects: Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while taking Labixten. All medicines can have side effects. Do not be alarmed by the following lists of side effects. You may not experience any of them. Tell your healthcare professional if you notice any of the following and they worry you: • headache • drowsiness • dizziness • mild stomach upsets such as stomach pain, belly pain, nausea or diarrhoea • indigestion • tiredness • increased appetite • increased weight • dry or uncomfortable nose • thirst and dry mouth • itching • fever • cold sores These are mild side effects of Labixten. For rare and more serious side effects please see the Consumer Leaflet.
For more information on Labixten, please read the Consumer Leaflet.
- Consumer Leaflet, March 2019
- Horak F et al. Inflamm Res. 2010; 59(5): 391-398.
- Labixten labelling 2018.
- www.Allergy.org.au ASCIA: Is it allergic rhinitis (hay fever)? 2017. Downloaded March 28, 2018.